Freshman admission

Apply as a freshman if:

  • you are a first-time college student currently enrolled in high school or 
  • you are concurrently enrolled in high school and a college (Running Start or Dual Enrollment program) or
  • you have graduated from high school but have not attempted 12 or more college-level credits.

The fall 2020 application closes at 5 p.m. (MST), Friday, July 31. 

Select term of application

Fall 2020

Spring 2021

Paper application (PDF)

Freshman Admission is a Three-Step Process




To apply online or print a paper application, click on the Apply Now link above and choose the term you would like to start.



Request that your ACT or SAT results be sent to UM through the testing company. UM's ACT code is 2422, and the SAT code is 4489.



Send UM your official high school transcript upon graduation. The transcript must include your date of graduation and final GPA.

After you're accepted

Next steps
| Housing options | Orientation

Other Types of Admission


Apply as a transfer student if you have attempted 12 or more credits at another college or university.


Apply as an international student if you are coming from outside the U.S., or you are living in the U.S. under an F, B, H, J, L, or M Visa.

Missoula College

Apply to Missoula College if you are interested in one- and two-year programs. Use the Missoula College application if you are interested in attending Bitterroot College


Learn more about applying for graduate programs, or applying for professional programs in Law, Pharmacy, or Physical Therapy.


Returning Student

Apply as a returning student if you previously attended UM and interrupted your enrollment for more than 24 months.