Early to College Dual Enrollment - Missoula College
The Dual Enrollment program enables high school students to earn college credit by taking classes at the University of Montana and Missoula College. Dual Enrollment tuition is 50% of the Resident Missoula College/2-year tuition rate. Mandatory and non-mandatory fees are not assessed, except for applicable course fees. Dual Enrollment students are not eligible to use campus services (i.e. Campus Recreation Center, Athletic Facilities) and are not charged fees for these services.
- A Dual Credit course awards both high school credit and college credit for a college course taken by the high school student. The decision to award high school credit for the college course rests with the school district, if the decision is consistent with applicable laws, policies, and administrative rules.
- A College Credit only course awards college credit, but not high school credit, for a college course taken by the high school student.
Dual Enrollment Student Eligibility
To be eligible for a dual enrollment course, the student must:
- be enrolled in a Montana high school district (to participate in dual enrollment opportunities, home-schooled students may enroll in dual enrollment classes via the district in which they reside);
- be between the ages of 16 – 19.
- have successfully completed the required high school classes at that grade level and be on track for high school graduation within a four-year construct
Dual Credit Course Parents and High School Students – check with your high school counselor to see if your school has a dual enrollment agreement with Missoula College UM. For more information, contact the Admissions office of Missoula College at 406-243-7882.
College Credit Only Course Registration for the College Credit Only Dual Enrollment program depends on availability and prerequisite requirements. For example, a student wanting to take Anatomy and Physiology at the college level may be restricted because this course is reserved for Health Science Program majors. Special instructor approval is required to register for some courses. Students should meet with their high school guidance counselor to discuss courses that make sense for their long-term goals. The General Education and Writing Courses website is a good place to start.
University of Montana Dual Enrollment students wishing to take advantage of the discounted tuition rate are restricted to college-level, 100 and 200-level courses at all campuses. Students wishing to enroll in developmental courses (e.g. M 090, WRIT 095) or upper-division courses (300-500 level) will be charged the full, regular cost tuition and fees upon registration.
- Step 1: Pick up application materials from your high school counselor.
- Step 2: Have the required administrators sign your application for admission: counselor, principal, parent and submit to the Missoula College via mail or in-person. For specific questions about completing the Dual Enrollment application, please email email@example.com or call 406-243-7882.
- Step 3: Class registration. The Registrar’s Office will register you for the Dual Credit/College Only Credit class(es). The Registrar’s Office will then notify you by mail of your registration and your acceptance packet will include information on how to finalize your bill and pay your fees.
- Step 4: Pay for your classes. Follow the instructions provided on CyberBear for fee payment or contact business services at Missoula College at (406) 243-7870.
- Subsequent Registration: Registration for future semesters follows the same procedures. Although no application is required, a new signed registration form is required each semester.
- For students who are taking an on-campus college credit only, course immunization records are required. Click here for more information.
This is a College Course:
The grade you receive once admitted to Dual Credit Enrollment will appear on your college transcripts. The last day to withdraw from the course for a partial refund is the end of the third week of college classes (UM Calendar). If you cancel a course after the third week, you will receive a W on your transcript and will not receive a refund on tuition.
If you have questions or need to withdraw or cancel Dual Credit Enrollment, please contact Jordan Patterson at (406) 243-7887. For all payment questions please contact Missoula College Business Services at (406) 243-7870.