Next Steps for Degree Seeking Post-Baccalaureate Students at UM

Here at UM we look forward to welcoming new students to Griz Nation. After you apply, please follow the steps below:

Submit Transcripts

Now that you've submitted your application for admission, we will need official transcripts from each college or university you’ve attended (if you have not already submitted them). Please ensure that your degree completion is reflected on your official transcript.  If you are currently enrolled at another school, please send a current official transcript and then a final official transcript after you complete your final term. 

Please Note: All faxed out-of-state transcripts are considered unofficial. However, those faxed directly from another Montana University System in-state institution with a macro-fax stamp are accepted as official. We accept digital official transcripts sent through Parchment and/or through Clearing House.

If you mail your transcript to UM, please have transcripts mailed to:

Enrollment Services-Admissions Office
101 Lommasson Center
Missoula, MT 59812

We cannot grant you an admissions decision until we have received current official transcripts.

Activate Your UMConnect Email Account

UMConnect serves as the official means of communication between students and the University of Montana, including information about registration, tuition and fees notifications, urgent announcements, etc. This is a very important step, as we will send you multiple important emails throughout the pre-Orientation process. You should login and check your UMConnect email regularly.  To log into your UMConnect account, you will need to use your NetID, which you can find by clicking the "What's my NetID" link below the login. Your initial password will be the last six digits of your Student ID Number (begins with 790, and is located on your acceptance letter).

NOTE: If you prefer to forward this email to your personal account, you have that option. View instructions on how to forward your UMConnect email.


If you want to be considered for a departmental scholarship, you should complete the General Application in the UM Scholarship Portal. Application deadlines vary by department and/or by opportunity.

Apply for Financial Aid

To be considered for the maximum amount of aid, please submit all application materials and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the priority deadline of December 1.

  • As soon as possible after October 1, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available online. Include the University of Montana school code 002536 as one of your college choices on the FAFSA.
  • Financial Aid Estimator has an estimatorthat allows you to enter information and obtain an estimate of your Expected Family Contribution for financial aid planning purposes.

To learn more, visit the UM Financial Aid Office website.

Apply for Residence Life

*Distance-only Students Excluded

The Residence Life Office provides positive, safe and inclusive living environments on and off campus, which can be an integral part of your experience at UM. In October, the application will be available for the Fall and Spring of the following year.

NOTE: Post Baccalaureate students are not required to live in campus housing, but are more than welcome to.

  • Make sure to complete the 'Activate Your UMConnect Email Account' step above prior to applying for housing.
  • Housing information will be mailed to you with your acceptance packet. To reserve a room in the residence halls, complete the registration form online and submit a $225 pre-payment. For more information, contact Residence Life at (406) 243-2611, or visit the Residence Life website.The Lewis and Clark Villages are primarily designed for single students at UM without dependents who have achieved 60 semester credits by the time of move-in. For more information, contact their office at (406) 552-3409.
  • UM also provides housing options for students with spouses and/or dependents. For more information, contact University Villagesat (406) 243-6063.
  • UM provides an Off-Campus Renter Centerwhich assists students with an off-campus housing finder and rental advocacy.
  • To check your room assignment once assignments have been made you may access your Residence Life Portal.


*Distance-only Students Excluded

As you prepare to attend the University of Montana, we want to make you aware of the state of Montana immunization requirements:

  • two (2) immunizations for Rubella and
  • two (2) immunizations for Rubeola

You must complete the steps on the Health Portal. You can choose to complete this paper form and submit it and proof of immunizations to Curry Health Center via or via fax at 406-243-2254. Please submit these documents as soon as possible to ensure a smooth transition to UM. For more information please call the Curry Health Center at (406) 243-2122.

Course Registration

As a post-baccalaureate student, you are not required to meet with an academic advisor in order to register for classes. However, you are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor in your academic department to ensure that you are taking the appropriate courses necessary to graduate. At the University of Montana we empower students to register for courses via a Registration Timetable.  Once it is your time to register you will log on to your CyberBear. As a post-baccalaureate student you are not required to enter an Advising PIN and should be able to register for courses for the upcoming semester.

**If you have never logged onto CyberBear before**

  • Enter your NetID (two letters followed by six numbers (ab123456). 
  • Employee NetID's will have an "e" at the end (ab123456e).
  • Enter NetID password. 
  • If you've never logged in with your NetID, your password is the last six digits of your 790#. 
  • The first time you log in you will be prompted to change your password and establish a security question and answer.

You can find your NetID using the NetID lookup.  If you are a student who has requested confidentiality through the Registrar's Office, your information will not display in the NetID lookup.

If you can't remember your password, click on the password reset button on the login page.

Student Employment and Internship Opportunities

The University of Montana offers many opportunities for student employment. The Student Employment website is designed to allow for you to search and apply online for part-time, on-and off-campus work study, non-work study, and volunteer positions.

Internship Services provides students with comprehensive services and coordination of the internship process.

You can meet with a Career Counselor to discuss your major and career options, resumes, job search, interviewing, etc. Together you can decide what next steps are best for you.

The Last Step!

Oh wait, that's it! The University of Montana does not have a formal acceptance process.

Time to celebrate! We look forward to seeing you on campus.