Accessible Navigation. Go to: Navigation Main Content Footer

The University of Montana Admissions Home

Other Applicants


If you have earned a bachelor’s degree from another institution or UM and want to pursue another undergraduate degree  then you are considered a post-baccalaureate student. More information…

Returning Students

Students previously enrolled at the University of Montana-Missoula who have interrupted their enrollment for more than 24 months must submit the Application for Readmission. The Application for Readmission may be obtained from the Registrar’s Office website and should be returned one month before registration to avoid registration delays and late fees. There is no fee for the Application for Readmission. More information…


If you have earned a bachelor’s degree and would like to pursue a graduate program at UM, please visit the Graduate School website for more information.

Student Veterans

Hello veterans and welcome to the University of Montana. Thank you all for your service and sacrifice for our country!  It is the purpose and intent of the University of Montana to provide the highest level of service and support to all veterans, their spouses, dependents, and survivors.  We are dedicated to helping veterans in any and all ways possible in a relaxed and understanding environment. More information…

UM Online

UM Online provides high-quality University of Montana courses to fit the busy lives of students. Online courses are offered through an Internet-based system that provides the tools necessary to engage effectively in studies. This program facilitates access to educational opportunities through online learning, summer and winter programs, off-campus courses and degrees, and professional development programs. Students must be formally admitted to the University of Montana prior to registering for UMOnline courses. The application and additional information about the admission process can be found on our apply page. If you plan to take online courses only, be sure to check Online Courses Only on your admission application.


This admission status is designed for undergraduate non-degree students who have never attended UM and will attend only Summer Semester and are not using financial aid to pay their tuition. It is not intended for those pursuing a UM degree. Students in this status can register for a maximum of six (6) credits during Summer Semester.

Students should complete the Application Form and submit the nonrefundable application fee of $30. Students attending Summer-Only are not required to provide proof of immunization, but must provide this information if they apply and attend UM in a semester other than Summer 2013. Students who previously attended UM should follow the readmission procedures and update their Pre-Registration Immunization Requirements Form.

New graduate non-degree and graduate degree students should apply online at

Students needing financial aid for the Summer semester should complete an Undergraduate Application for Admission (or Reapplication, if you’ve attended UM previously) and submit transcripts from all other institutions attended.

MOLLI (50+ years of age)

The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UM, affectionately known as MOLLI, offers programs that promote the lifelong learning and personal growth of individuals who are 50+, through a diverse collection of non-credit, short courses offered in the fall, winter, and spring.  Their goal is to create an accessible and innovative learning environment so that individuals from all backgrounds and levels of education may pursue learning. It is truly learning for learning’s sake, so no exams or grades are given.

Golden College (65+ years of age)

The Golden College enables residents of Montana who are 65 years of age or older to take classes at the University of Montana at greatly reduced rates. More information…