Post Baccalaureate

If you have earned a bachelor's degree from another institution or UM and want to pursue another undergraduate degree then you are considered a post-baccalaureate student. Note: Post-baccalaureate students must be degree-seeking students. As a post-baccalaureate student, your first step is to apply for admission to the University of Montana. UM has rolling admissions, we are continuously evaluating applications on a space-available basis until the term begins; however, the sooner you apply the better.

If you are a UM graduate then you only need to complete the readmission application.

Students who have never attended UM must complete the general application for admission.

Once we have received all of the appropriate paperwork, it generally takes two to three weeks to process an application before you hear back from us. Feel free to contact our office at (800) 462-8636 to inquire about the status of your application if you have not heard back from us three weeks after submitting your application.

As a post-baccalaureate student, you are not required to meet with an academic advisor in order to register for classes. However, you are strongly encouraged to meet with an advisor in your academic department to ensure that you are taking the appropriate courses necessary to graduate.